Necessity is said to have been the mother of inventions. However, this may be refuted in certain quarters given that some inventions are usually well thought out that they are not products of necessity. One of such tools which I came across in my interaction with some of the best scan tools in the market is the Actron CP9670 AUTOSCANNER.
Talking of this, the nostalgic feel most people have with the tool manufacturer is likely to be rekindled. Though that is not my intention, the manufacture has been one of the most outstanding brands in the market for the last 4 decades.
Actron electronics, one of the well known companies in on board diagnostics, did not make this tool just through the mere act of necessity though the need for better scan tools has been rife in the market but because of the fact that they had the overzealous touch to fill the void created in most of the tools they and their competition had created.
As clever as they may have said it, the whole concept boils down to the necessity aspect. It will be only prudent if you looked at the tool and even got to feel how it works that you are able to make a conclusive judgment.
Its unique features
The following are some of the unique features of the Actron CP9670 AUTOSCANNER;
- Multilingual data reading which allows for the reading of data in the user’s language of choice.
- LCD screen which allows for better data access with clear visual interfaces.
- Diversity in terms of coding which allows for the tool to read as well as erase diverse data codes including the famous antilock brake system (ABS) on several unique car brands.
- Updatability feature which makes it work on the most recent models.
- Aesthetic, strong design that is good for longer use.
- A backlight display feature which can allow its use in dimly lit areas.
- Professional orientation based on the True link technology adopted by Actron which makes it one of the universal scan tools to be able to scan on any OBD II oriented car model.
- Reasonable size and weight which allows for ease of navigation and storage.
- Fast acting which makes it a darling of any mechanic or novice.
- Better compatibility with ability to give the technician better information including the vehicle information for the recently made car models.
- An ability to present the data in live form as well as help in the playback feature if need be. This makes it stress free.
- Battery power which makes it be able to standalone and not reliant on car engine power. In addition, the tool has a charging monitor which informs the user when it is full.
Those who have used the Actron CP9670 AUTOSCANNER have experienced the following benefits;
- Cost effectiveness in terms of providing quick data access, thus saving time.
- Diverse coding ability which is good for wide reach of all car models.
- Ease of use in the garage and even at home for self car scans given its automatic nature.
- Technology based user interface which is enjoyable and makes it quite user friendly.
Recommendations on its use
While running around the market looking for information on the diverse OBD II scan tools may be the best options, dome tools can be bought on trust based on the features. The Actron CP9670 AUTOSCANNER can be one such tool. Though in most of the sites where it is sold, there are no extensive reviews, the picture is different on the ground.
Buying this OBD II scan tool would be one of the greatest decisions you can make if you use my experience. However, the comparison of this tool with the others of its level is healthy and may save you the agony of regretting why you bought it.
Follow your gut sense!
How to buy the scanner
Buying the Actron CP9670 AUTOSCANNER is easy just like most of its brand counterparts which are really simple because of the level of market visibility they have. When you visit any of the automotive parts retailers, whether online or the brick stores, you are likely to get the tool.
The online shops may be the best place to buy because of the lucrative discounts they avail. However, the brick stores may be preferable if you are in a case of an emergency and cannot way for the delivery process.
The buying process only involves identifying the scan tool and then paying for it on the checkout forms provided online, or through cash at the designated outlet. The delivery process online may take a short time or a long one depend on the geographical location.
Most scanners I have used never warranted taking time for reviews. Some were not what they promised to be, yet carried substantial cost implications. The experiences many people have with this scan tool may have a bearing on the buzz it has created in the recent past. This is one wonderful tool worth your time and money, whichever comes to you first.