Like the analogy of new wineskins, the use of new on board diagnostic scan tools (OBD) has taken the market with a lot of surprises. Needless to say that there are numerous companies which are jostling to outdo each other on what and who makes which machine which is regarded as the best.
Table of Contents
USTEK in its own right and volition has never been left behind with an innovative touch to its OBD scanners. That is why you will not be surprised when looking at the New USTEK Upgraded Wireless WI-Fi OBD II Car Diagnostic Scan Adapter /Reader for iPhone iPad iPod iOS Android.
The company whose ranges of products are not as many as some of its competitors is known for its cut to the chase range of innovative second generation OBD scan tools. The wireless tools in particular have been seen to be their main domain with several tools to their credit including the New USTEK Upgraded Wireless WI-Fi OBD2.
Why buy this scanner?
Buying the New USTEK Upgraded Wireless WI-Fi OBD II Car Diagnostic Scan Adapter /Reader for iPhone iPad iPod iOS Android is just the best decision one can make. For those who believe that the dot com age is here to stay, this is the way to go. In fact with most of its users having said that it is the best carry with you (CWY) tool, who are we to dispute?You will virtually connect your car to the onboard diagnostic system with lots of ease. In addition, its use of the wireless system gives it that much needed leeway to update and work with the new car models in the market.
However, the cost effective nature of the tool, yet covering most of the known protocols in the market is enough reason to buy this OBD 2 scan tool. The amount of cash you are bound to save will be monumental.
- Efficiency – with the several areas it covers, the wireless scan tool stands out as one of the most efficient tools. Virtually every area of the car malfunction seems to be covered.
- Ease of use -the use of this scan tool is easy with several options made available. As a wireless device, the tool connects virtually to the car DLC. However, for those who believes in manual connections, the 6 feet cable does the magic.
- Cost effectiveness – the several beneficial features would never be completed if you don’t look at the price at which it is sold. In addition, the manufacturer warranty and the divers cost cutting measures are reasons which make this tool to be your perfect match.
Things We Liked
- It is light weight and so makes its process of carrying and storage easy.
- The scan tool is durable with design and a plastic cover which is made to the industrial standards covering for it.
- It is beautiful to look at with several enabling features to its aesthetic touch.
- Its user friendly both in cost and use.
- It’s highly compatible with most cars in the market.
- With its wireless feature, it is an easy to update OBD 2 wireless scan.
Things We Didn't Like
- Establishing a Wi-Fi connection may not be easy at times because of the mix of applications in use.
- It is relatively cheap for its range, driving some suspicion to its quality.
Some of the known specifications of this wireless device include;
- Wireless connectivity which spans most of the android gadgets in the market including the ipads, iphones, windows gadgets and the other PC connected devices.
- An ability to connect to the wireless through the AdHoc mode by communicating its signals via the attention (AT) commands which is highly enhanced with the ability to also be written by the user at his discretion.
- The AT commands in particular are of immense benefits because of the manner in which they are comprehensively explained.
- It can cover a radius of 50 feet within the wireless range.
- It comers fitted with a 6 feet OBD 2 cable to enable easy fitting to the car DLC.
- Wide range of user applications at its disposal with the Scan Master Elm, the fuzzy car, the dashboard command, the Rev lite, and Rev 2 and the famous speed ports applications.
- The WI-Fi it uses is further compatible with most of the car engine PC software’s
- Has the capacity to read data codes and in the process give a display for meanings.
- The scan has good code reception with both the manufacturer specific and the generic codes covered within its system.
- It’s well formed display feature is good for enabling the user to see the data as they are read.
- The OBD scan tool has the capacity to read several fault functions in the following car areas; speed, fuel management; air flow pressure and the car evaporation systems. It in addition performs tasks like the DTC reading and clearing, the fuel MPG meters and the running -parameter monitoring.
- The OBD scan tool is attributed to be of high quality based on the diverse protocol recognitions from the ISO 9141 / ISO 11898 CAN / ISO 14230, KWP2000 / ISO 15765 to the renowned CAN / SAE J1939
- It has an internal antenna for better WI-FI reception.
- It’s fitted with a power switch which helps regulate the amount of power it consumes and at the same time helps in making the use of the tool quire easy.
- Its auto motive grade plastic casing makes the tool quite durable.
- It comes with a comprehensive user manual in the form of a CD; this is to aid in the process of its installations.
- It has a small fitting size with a light weight feature to help in ease of use and storage.
The scope and Capacity of the tool
Looking at the scan tool, its capacity may be regarded as bigger than life. All the car malfunction features are literally covered with the device and the user is just made to observe as the data recordings trickle down.
In addition, because it has the ability to comply with several on board car diagnostic protocols, it has the face of a modern second generation diagnostic scan tool in the market. Using the device therefore leads the user to the wide world of discovery and solution of the car faults.
Who needs to buy the scan tool?
The OBD 2 wireless gadget may be good for everyone’s use. However, for those who have these cars; the Ford fusion and Nissan. The additional cars are all the other cars which have been made compliant with the below OBD 2 protocols; the ISO 9141 / ISO 11898, CAN/ ISO 14230, KWP2000) / ISO 15765 and the CAN / SAE J1939, its use may just be the perfect choice.
How does the tool work?
The wireless device as it is called uses the internet to connect to the car engine. On most of the cases, the OBD 2 scan tool connects to the car engine through the Bluetooth means, thus making it quite easy to use and access.
With wireless internet connectivity and an appropriate application, you are good to go. However, for the manual connections, you can have the car DLC port connected to the device but it may not work as efficiently.
The wireless connection is its main in thing. By just having to download the App, plug the DLC port connection, turn on the OBD 2 wireless device and establish a wireless connection.
Apart from the required applications which may differ depending on your capacity and taste, the device has no installations to add.
While most of the car owners may not be that internet savvy, using the New USTEK Upgraded Wireless WI-Fi OBD II Car Diagnostic Scan Adapter /Reader for iPhone iPad iPod iOS Android may not need much knowledge. By just knowing a little areas of internet connectivity, you are home. The onus is on you, don’t wait for tomorrow, go for yours now!