When it comes to motor vehicle engine scan implements, getting one for your vehicle can really prove to be difficult. This is in spite of their wide availability in the field. The presence of the several models of the OBD2 scans makes it more difficult when you have no information regarding what you want to purchase.
Table of Contents
Launch CRP129 Introduction
The introduction of the new OBD2 scan machine from the Launch technologies, a U.S based technology and software conglomerate has however turned the tables. Their new OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool Launch CRP129 is awesome both in design and functionality.
The launch technologies, because of its brand name, especially within the locality of the United States market, have been known to use a mix of creativity and good choice of qualified manpower. This has made them and their products stand out within the hitherto crowded market.
Why should buy this scanner?
Using the Launch OBDII Diagnostic Scan is said to come with numerous benefits. Some of which include;
- Saves time and resources– its multi functionality features can enable the technician or the owner gets several updates in real-time. In this process, time and money is drastically saved.
- Efficient and durable – the OBD 2 scan tool has been praised for its high level of efficiency in resolving matters to do with the motor vehicle engine. It has what may be required for a modern motor vehicle.
- A clear sense of technology– if you are yearning to come into real contact with modern technology in the area of the OBD2 scan machines, then this is the real machine.
I had been suffering for a long time before I came across this machine. However, I met a friend who referred me to purchase this scan tool. The OBD2 scan tool worked fantastically in the several vehicle models I have since used the Launch CRP129 on. I specifically love the screen data relay mechanism. It has worked for other people whom I have interacted with. I know it can equally work for you if you are after something advanced enough to serve you without soiling your hands.
Things We Liked
- Technologically savvy setup- the level of technological advanced settings found in the Launch OBDII Diagnostic Scan are enough to help one realize the importance of the several features of the scan machine technology. For those with little information technology know-how it increases the level of knowledge.
- Easy to use- despite its several settings, the OBD scan machine is known to come with clear and easy to use user manual.
- It is fast and efficient- the OBD2 scan machine has an internet enabled data refreshing mechanism which makes it relay the data codes in real time. This feature makes the person involved in the technical work to rectify any fault quickly.
- High compatibility modes- this feature alone is important because it is able to encode both manufacturer specified codes and other severally available generic code. Its use is therefore widespread.
Things We Didn't Like
- It is complex- the nature of its several combined setups is one reason why most people find this OBD scan tool cumbersome to use. This nature of complexity also creates another nightmare both for technicians and laymen. Getting to decipher the codes and acting on them may therefore slow down.
Features of the Launch OBD2 diagnostic scan
The most fundamental thing about any give product is in the area of the features it exhibit. The Launch OBD2 diagnostic scan tool has been made to work effectively with the following features;
- Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) resets. The SAS resets are able to clearly decipher and read the requisite OBD2 motor vehicle codes. With the several fitting within this angle reset system, it is made to perform several functions ranging from suitability of the vehicle; alignment resets OBD screen alignments and automatic updates. All these make the OBD2 scan machine more effective. It also has what in modern motor vehicle mechanical setup is called the
- It is fitted with an Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) release, which is rather less labor intensive and therefore is an epitome of a modern motor vehicle accessory. By using this system, the braking process is therefore made simpler and easier.
- It is also enabled with an oil service and lamp reset mechanism, a function which ensures that the vehicle engine is maintained in its rightful healthy self.
- It has some manufacture enhancements including the Airbag software requirement specification (SRS) systems and an Enhanced Data Stream from the American bureau of shipping (ABS). The two manufacturer specifications are enough to assure the user of the high quality standards the product has been taken through.
- With its high tech fittings, it has wide compatibility rates with several modes of the OBD2 motor vehicles. In addition, the Launch CRP129 OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool is also known to support vehicles falling within the controller area network (CAN) category. In this regard, it is said to have the capacity to retrieve both the generic and manufacturer specific codes.
- It has a 3.5 inch color screen which is an important element in relaying the vehicle information (VI). In addition, the Launch OBDII Diagnostic Scan is internet enabled and can have automatic data updates for real time transmission.
- Within the size specification of 1 x 0.9 x 0.3 inches, and a favorable weight of 1.5 pounds, one can surely say that the scan machine can be rather manipulated with ease.
- It has a multilingual functionality which can enable the technician get the information in any language in real-time. This is important in helping decipher the codes and understanding the area of fault.
How is the Launch OBDII Diagnostic Scan used
Like most of its OBD2 scan machines in this category, the launch OBD2 is a plug and play machine. You only need to plug it into your vehicle engine and set it up. The machine will decipher whatever codes it reads and relays it onto the color screen. The data can be generated and printed through an embedded USB port which can be connected to a personal computer.
Despite its great features, every machine must have some weaknesses and that is not exclusive to the Launch CRP129 OBD2 Diagnostic Scan tool. You can shop around and sample some equally effective scan tools available in the market, if you may ask me, then this is your perfect fit.
You can find more information about similar product like Actron CP9125, Innova 3120, Maxiscan MS310 … by back to home page.