We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Several OBD scan machines are available in the market, this is one reason why making a choice can really be an uphill task. However, each of these machines has its own unique and peculiar selling points. Some of the best OBD2 scan machines however attract a lot of user attention.
One machine counted among the best OBD2scan machines is the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool with an anti lock brake system(ABS), a safety/supplement restraint system(SRS) and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles. Maybe due to the manner in which most people perceive it, the machine is really made to work.
Looking at its manufacturer profile, one is left in awe at the level and manner in which the company goes even to greater heights in making its customers satisfied. Its human resource base and the level of research they are involved in are rather high-tech.
Why should buy this Product?
Using the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool is associated with the following benefits both for the owners and the technicians;
- Efficiency- with the enabled accessories which accompany this scan tool, one need no hustle when getting the data. By just correctly fitting the scan machine, the live data feed is enough to eliminate any worries.
- Wide user scope– covering several vehicle models ranging from both the new OBD2 types and the older versions of the OBD1, you are likely to get served with this.
My review about the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool
Having had the opportunity to interact with this scan tool, it works rather fine. However, it may also have some other weaknesses which impede its smooth working. The accessories and the guide book will make its use rather easy if followed. The scan machine is fantastic and I have since been recommending it for use on any forum.
Innova 3160 OBD2 scan Features
- It has an anti-lock brake system (ABS) which is meant to speed up the manner in which the braking system works. The hydraulic system improves it even further. This is further made to work with a combination of several sensors which enable the OBD2 coding easier.
- A safety/ supplement restraint system (SRS) which is in most common within the air bag. The system if fitted activates itself and is able to warn the vehicle occupants if there is a fault. This is usually in the form of a light sensor. When it blinks, the engine system is faulty and needs some action.
- Has a unique coding feature which makes it compatible with several models of vehicles ranging from the newer versions of the OBD2 scan to the older models.
- A live data relay system made possible by the enabled improvements through the society for automotive engineers (SAE). This helps the technician to be able to get the data quickly and in the process be able to act on the areas where there is fault.
- It has a relative light weight of 3 pounds, making it just a perfect driver companion.
- A USB data transfer mechanism which is possible through connection to any personal computer. This can also enable the technician print the OBD2 scanned data for further action.
- It has a clear and concise accessory list all in a soft pouch; these include the ever important USB cable, the OBD2 cable for connecting to the vehicle engine and a reference guide.
- It has a high compatibility ratio with several new OBD2 vehicle models and other known OBD1 models. The ability to decipher both manufacture specific and generic codes makes it rather fit within this category. However, certain emission restrictions are noted to exist with its use.
- The INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool has a multilingual data system which is able to give the data codes in several recognized international languages. This makes it quite a reliable companion without any linguistic barrier.
- A hand held feature through a rather small size of 7 x 3 x 10 inches which makes it easy to navigate, install and even store when not being used.
- It has a backup system which is enabled through a battery system. This is important in helping switch the scan machine on even when the engine is not functioning.
How is the scan tool used?
Depending on your car model, this scan machine is among the simplest to use. It does not require any technical knowhow to just plug the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool with an anti lock brake system(ABS), a safety/supplement restraint system(SRS) and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles onto your car engine.
The resultant effect will be the instant live relaying of data which can be printed through the PC for analysis. The several safeguards are enough to give the user warnings if there is a fault, for instance the ARS system.
Like the saying goes, when you are used to your mother’s food, you may think she is the best cook in the world. The same analogy apply here, when you are only used to using or seeing one type of OBD2 scan machine, you may think it is the best. Use your discretion and venture out, sample what the OBD2 motor scan technology has to offer. And if you decide to settle for the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool, you have my word, it surely works.
Click below to get more information about Innova 3150 OBD2 Scan Tool.