We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Why should buy Actron CP9690?
Using the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner may have the following benefits;
- Economical – because it is made to cover almost all aspects of OBD I and OBD II, it may be the most convenient in economic terms to have and use on all car brands. This is in addition to the several code capacities and the diverse enhancing features to go with.
- User friendliness – spanning from size, weight and even the ease of use, this is seen to be one of the best do it yourself OBD II scanners around the market.
Is it recommended?
Because the case of results is the main aim of using OBD I/ II scan tools, the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner is one tool worth your time and money. Moreover, the brand name cannot allow it to mess you up at any given instance.
Product OverviewThe making of an OBD II scan tool has been a complicated affair in the current world dimension. With the weaknesses seen with the first generation on board diagnostic OBD I readers, the need to have a better tool was never to be postponed. One tool has been seen to fill the void left by the faults seen with most of these, the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner.
Made by the Actron group, a well known OBD scan tool maker, the varied strong aspects have been attributed to a careful study of the market and the ability to conform to the varied market demands in terms of efficiency, speed and compatibility. What may strike any buyer is the capacity by which the tool has been enhanced.
What are its features?
Some of the features of this OBD scan tool include the following;
- User friendly size – looking at the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner, one is able to conclusively say that it is made with a fitting pocket size. This could be to reduce the cases of carrying bulk scan tools for longer. The ability of the tool to fit in the user’s pocket and the accompanying reasonable size may not be in vain but are a plus to the tool.
- Wide coding – with the code reading of this tool spanning both OBD I and OBD II, one can rest assured that this is one of the most comprehensive tools in terms of data. With over 26 million codes within its stable, you can be sure that any vehicle fault will be sorted out.
The data codes include the range of generic and the manufacturer specific codes synonymous with most vehicles on the road.
- Live as well as freeze data readings – the need to have live data reading is an aspect not in doubt in most OBD scan tools. However, with the ability to store data for future use as well as the graphic presentation of the same, the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner has all one may need in a scanner. In addition, you can also have this information in hard copy should you wish to.
- Reliable support – the ASE technical staff, an online center which provides some of the most up to date queries which allow the tool users to enjoy uninterrupted data code reading and analysis with up to the minute answers to the varied users of this tool.
- Multiple linguistic – while language may prove to be the worst barrier when data analysis in some tools is done, this is not the case with the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner. The trilingual aspect allows for the mechanic to get the data in the language of his locality.
- External power source – taking into account the agony any car owner may undergo should the battery go flat in the middle of a scan, the Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner is made to have an external battery source with a stand by charger option. This aspect is important in enhancing continuity even when the car engine is not in use.
- Enhanced features – the OBD I/OBD II scanner has several enhanced features never seen on most scanners. For instance, the tool is known to have the code connect feature, which allows for quick fault code correction and compatibility across the board as well as the antilock brake system (ABS) which is a safety measure.
- Internet updatability – the use of the tool can be made longer by merely updating it to conform to the latest on board diagnostic scan user requirements. The manufacturer has thus made it a special USB port for this purpose.
- An assortment of OBD I oriented accessories – its coverage of both the old generation car models and the new generation ones is never in doubt. This has made it an imperative part of the package to include cables which can be used with the scanner on vehicles which are of the old model.
How to use the OBD II scan tool
This tool is a do it yourself (DIY) device with great emphasis on the plug and play basis. Depending on whether the car is OBD I or OBD II, the point where the DLC port may be found differs from tool to tool and may require the user to check. When all is said and done, the OBD PC is the place to look at for the data.
Even though diverse OBD I and OBD II scan tools are abound in the market and may confuse you as a buyer, checking different tools may just be the answer. Before settling for any purchase of an OBD scanner, Actron CP9690 Trilingual OBD I/OBD II Elite Auto scanner included, knowing details of what you have in store is golden.