The use of the several available OBD scan tools has really taken some toll on most of the users. This is especially with the fact that some of the supposedly good scan tools never lived to the expectations of the users. However, there is one scan tool; which I will have committed great injustice if I fail to say that it qualifies as among the best OBD2 scan tools in the market. This is none other than the Actron CP9580 Auto Scanner with Code Connect Trilingual OBD II, CAN and ABS Scan Tool.
Table of Contents
The Actron Company has been known for its ever changing face especially in regard to making highly effective scan tools. Every time they launch a new product in their over 40 years of operation, some new features is usually found, which makes it one of the known and well reputed as then best scan tools.
However, one thing is for sure, the Actron CP9580 Auto Scanner with Code Connect Trilingual OBD II, CAN and ABS Scan Tool has some of the best features that any well meaning user will fall for, and that is what has been happening to most of its users whom I have come to interact with.
Actron CP9580 Features
The scan tool has some of the following features which has made many of its users running for it quite literally;
- It has a Freeze frame data reading capacity which can allow the user to be able to effectively reread the code.
- Wide coding – the Actron CP9580 Auto Scanner with Code Connect Trilingual OBD II, CAN and ABS Scan Tool has a large pool of codes which it can read. These codes are known to range from the manufacturer specific to generic codes and the little known pending codes which makes its use quite reliable.
- It has a library which provides the user the chance to get the code meaning and this is good for the technician and novice alike because it makes the repair process easier.
- Code connects-this feature has the capacity for helping speed up the process of coding. It is the manner in which the code connect feature allows for the direct solution of its read codes which makes the feature to provide wide ranging coding solutions estimated at their millions.
- It also shows a drive cycle mode which can also be used to get other features like the vehicle mileage and the IM features.
- It is fitted with a visual indicator which allows for better communication between the OBD 2 scan tool and the user. This level of information sharing makes the act of driving quite fantastic.
- It provides live data feed which is known for give the user the up to the minute coding ability. In addition, the provision of the graphical feature enables the scan tool to be able to give the user the graphic solutions and analysis of the coding and repair process.
- Better OBD2 compliance. The inclusion of other technologically savvy motor vehicles within the modern range will just give the user the much needed respite for the user.
- Data printing – the OBD 2 scan tool has been accredited for its ability to connect to other external devices which could help in helping the technician get that precise and accurate data coding and repair process. In addition, the erase data feature allows for the scan tool to refresh and receive more data.
- It has the notorious anti lock brake system (ABS) which is a safeguard on the driver’s life while using it.
- The scan tool weighs 12.8 ounces and has a size of11 x 8 x 1.2 inches which will allow for its fitting on the engine and the areas around the driver without any fuss.
- It has a modern and well developed display which has some of the best global OBD 2. It’s this that allows it to show more data unlike some of its compatriots. However, the ability to record data for later use is to most users the most supreme.
- Two pronged battery power system which includes the external battery power and the engine power system.
- The language of the OBD 2 scan tool is enabled to work in a trilingual manner; several universal languages are fed on it for ease of the code understanding.
What are its benefits?
- Ease of use- the presence of the OBD scan tool presents an air of ease. This is even made better by the presence of a well illustrated user guide which accompanies the scan tool.
- Wider use- because of its compatibility and the wide coding, you are bound to realize that with the Actron CP9580 Auto Scanner with Code Connect Trilingual OBD II, you don’t need several other scan tools found in the market.
Things We Liked
Using the Actron CP9580 Auto Scanner with Code Connect Trilingual OBD II is bound to attract the following strengths;
1. Uniqueness- the presence of some special features which are not found in some other scan tools enables its use. This offers the user more clout to tackle the diagnostic scan repairs.
2. Cost effectiveness- having this OBD 2 scan tool can effectively spare you the agony of filing yourself around several other tools. The reduction of the tools used makes the Actron CP9580 Auto Scanner with Code Connect Trilingual OBD II provide the user with money’s worth of service.
3. Fast- like most of their counterparts within the Actron brands, the scan tool has some of the fastest operations. In addition, the live data feed and the graphic presentation of the said codes.
4. Durability- the OBD scan tool is made into a compact looking machine with some aesthetically formed outer cover which makes its use more likeable.
Things We Didn't Like
Some glaring weaknesses have been noted on this tool. Some of these include;
1. It is unable to update live online- having a scan tool which cannot be updated to be able to code new car models is rather unbelievable. Is makes this tool not to be in line with most of the requirements with the modern OBD 2 scan tools.
2. It is pricy- compared to the other scan tools, this OBD 2 scan tool is considered to cost more than most average scan tools which make it less accessible.
If you are having some old car models which require some diagnostic scan tools, then this tool is the best because it is compatible with most older cars from the 1996 to somewhere in 2013. However, because it cannot update, the scan tool has been noted to have some weaknesses. The most advisable thing is to shop around; maybe you may come across other better scan tools.
With some accompanying drivers which needs installation especially through the PC, the scan tool will operational through the normal plug and play method. The several pins and USB ports are meant to link the scan tool to the car engine and the other externally available devices.
You will have some of the best experience if you tried out this great tool. Looking at the other like tools will save you from having to spend more on something you can get for a song. There are several shops where you can get this scan tool at even better discounts. However, using this information can act as that stepping stone to getting your dream scan tool.
Incoming search terms:
- actron cp9580
- actron scanner
- can actron cp9680 bleed abs
- can actron cp9680 bleed anti-lock brakes