UPDATE: The Actron CP9550 is no longer available. The newer version is the Actron CP9660 Pocketscan Plus, with a lot of the same features of the CP9550 but upgraded with more.
Looking for an OBD2 scan which has the qualities to fit your pocket both physically and cost wise? Some of the scan machine models available in the market however can injure your economic self, if you do not do a proper cost analysis in the market. However, there is a wide variation from this with the Actron CP9550 Pockets can Plus.
Table of Contents
Just like the name says it, this is among the many products from the Actron, the most popular name in the motor vehicle industry, especially where the making of quality OBD2 scan machines is concerned. What sets it aside from most of its like Actron CP9550 PocketScan Plus are its features.
Features of the OBD2 scan
The following are the notable features of the Actron CP9550 Pockets scan plus, they include;
- It has an automatic code reading capability with the ability to trouble shoot on the fault areas. This helps aid the technician into getting a comprehensive and fast diagnosis of the motor vehicle’s faults.
- It has a wide coding ability with a wide range of OBD2 and other known generic codes. This enables the scan to be able to work on several OBD2 compliant car brands and other known non OBD, like the ones with controlled area networks CAN.
- Live data feed function with the ability also to read, erase and convey freeze data. This and many other functional additions like the ability to read vehicle information (VIN) making its use quite simple and fun. In addition to this, the ability to read and display malfunction indicator light (MIL) status, inspection maintenance readiness (I/M) monitors, pending codes is another awesome functional advantage it has.
- Compatible with several models within the OBD2 and OBD1, CAN protocols and other latest models not in this category. This means that the scan machine has the ability to scan both manufacturers specific codes and the generic codes.
- Actron CP9550 PocketScan Plus has an amazingly slim size at only 7 x 5 x 1 inches which makes moving it as easy as child play. In addition, it weighs somewhere near 10 pounds. A reasonable weight for use even when handheld.
- Actron CP9550 Pockets scan plus has a highly advanced setting in terms of the available OBD2 scans in the market. This is one reason which gives it an upper hand and can be relied upon when it comes to efficient coding. Its features will say it all.
- Has the capacity to handle even the most troubling automotive diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) which are usually the main basis for OBD2 scanning technique.
- It has a 16 pin cable which enables the Actron CP9550 Pockets scan plus be an easy to connect and power implement. The ability to power through the engine battery makes it independent from the need to power from the engine even if the engine refuses to function.
- It has a well-formed display mechanism with an effective backlight for easy reading and analysis of data.
- An informative user manual which has the information the user may need to run the OBD2 scan tool. In this regards, one needs no special technical skills to be able to set up and operate this scan machine.
- It comes at a fair price to cap all these. In spite of its all knowing design, Actron CP9550 Pockets scan plus is cheap. It is one of the most fairly priced products I have ever met in the market.
Benefits of using the scan tool
Having several advantageous point that associate with Actron CP9550 PocketScan Plus, it may have the following special benefits with its use;
- Cost effectiveness and efficiency- the price in which this great OBD2 scan tool is sold betrays the quality and the level of expertise put in its formation. The user is thus guaranteed to get quality service for less. In comparison with other highly priced scan tools which offer even less.
- Reliability- with a wide user coverage based on its higher code reading ability and other wide-ranging professionally oriented user benefits, the Actron CP9550 Pocket scan Plus comes into the market as a reliable partner which will surely deliver where the others may have not succeeded.
Things We Liked
1. Cheap as compared to others- this feature is the best selling point of this scan tool. Most known high quality OBD2 scan tools are known to retail at higher prices. But moving away from the norm means that the manufacturer has taken into account the needs of the consumer in its price setting.
2. Durability and aesthetic beauty- the sturdy and ergonomically built scan tool is rather durable based on its make. The scan tool is further made to look desirable to the eye both in coloration and build.
3. Ease of use and storage- with its small size, the user will be guaranteed of the ease of moving it to its storage point without indulging in high calorie burning activities; it is this that makes its use even more desirable.
Things We Didn't Like
Actron CP9550 Pocket Scan Plus is considered as a great machine by all standards. It is common for man-made equipments to experience certain weaknesses which I would gladly note. However, the issue which concerns the battery wiring affecting the scan tool may seem as a third party concern to me, because it may originate from the car manufacture and not vice versa. It is only good if we checked on the wiring to avoid contact with the battery lead.
I have had a chance of using Actron CP9550 PocketScan Plus in my numerous escapades with cars. This scan tool is among the most professionally built tools for the motorist’s comfort. Sampling it will make you like it. There are other OBD2 scan tools in the market however, which bear almost the similarity, though with a few modifications. Going through their profiles will make you have an informed shopping.
How to use
Actron CP9550 PocketScan Plus Pocket Scan Plus is basically a plug and play scan tool. Just plugging it into the engine will definitely trigger off a scan process. One thing which one needs to do is to simply read the user manual.
As can come out clearly, Actron CP9550 PocketScan Plus which can even create some job opening for you if you just follow the user manual. As a motorist, it makes your driving more enjoyable and easy. It is worth trying.
Besides the article about Actron 9550, you can click on following links to get more information about best OBD2 Scanner