We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Cars are what get us from Point A to Point B if the distance is too far to walk. But just like how your body needs time to rest after a long day at work, your car needs maintenance also. If you are not a professional mechanic, they can help figure out what your vehicle needs with a nifty diagnostic tool like the Autel Maxicheck Pro. But should you buy one?
Just like people, cars can get sick. Do you know how you feel gross just before vomiting? Well, your vehicle probably feels just as bad when it leaks oil all over your garage. When something in your car breaks or does not work right, it is time to take it to a professional.
Now if you are a professional mechanic, you may think you know all there is to know about cars. And maybe you do, in which case, you may not need an Autel Maxicheck Pro. But let’s face it, there are a lot of different kinds of cars out there, and you can’t be expected to know how to administer to them all.
This situation is where a diagnostic tool such as the Autel Maxicheck Pro comes in handy. This little gadget can offer you quick and easy solutions to everyday tasks in your workshop or garage that cannot be completed without the use of a diagnostic tool.
Before deciding if this is a tool you want to purchase for your shop, we are going to help you out a bit. We’ve compiled an overview of the Autel Maxicheck Pro and are going to run through all its features with you. We are even going to compare it with some other, similar tools on the market before giving you our final verdict.
Should you buy the Autel Maxicheck Pro? Let’s find out!
What is the Autel Maxicheck Pro?
As we have previously mentioned, the Autel Maxicheck Pro is a diagnostic tool mechanics can use to run checks on individual systems in a car, such as EPB, Oil Service, ABS, SRS, BMS, DPF and more, quickly and easily. The goal of this kind of tool is to make your job easier.
Autel is a global manufacturer of professional diagnostic tools and accessories in the automotive aftermarket. The company’s goal is to provide its customers with the best researched and highest quality products it possibly can at an affordable cost.
The Autel Maxicheck Pro is designed to do a variety of useful things. It comes with a USB charging cable and carrying case, as well as an OBDII cable. You will also receive a user’s manual and an SD card reader with your purchase of one. Each Autel Maxicheck Pro also has a limited one year warranty.
- Crystal Clear TFT Color Screen
- Complete OBD2,EOBD coverage
- Opens & Closes Electronic Brake Calipers
- Reads & clears EPB/SBC Trouble Codes
- Turns off the ECU & Brake Warning Lights
- Diagnoses EPB/SBC Caliper Functionality
- Resets the Oil Service Light
- Resets the Service Intervals
- Resets Steering Angle Sensors (SAS)
- USB Internet Updateable
- Multilingual Support
- ABS Coverage for 50 Vehicle Makes – U.S. Domestic, Asian & European
- SRS Coverage for 50 Vehicle Makes – U.S. Domestic, Asian & European
- Diesel Particulate Filter Functionality
- ABS Bi-directional Functionality
- Resets battery adaptation and registers the battery replacement
- Reads, Records and Plays Back OBD2 Live Data
The Autel Maxicheck Pro is compatible with nearly all makes and models of cars from the year 2000 onward.
Where can I buy one?
Now that you have seen what the Autel Maxicheck Pro can do for you, you are probably wondering where you should buy one. Well, they are available from a variety of retailers online. Amazon, eBay, and the Tire Rack are all places you can find Autel products, including the Maxicheck Pro.
Comparing the Autel Maxicheck Pro
Before we can come to a final verdict on the Autel Maxicheck Pro, we want to compare and contrast it to a few other vehicle diagnostic tools available.
1. The CAN-WIFI – Wireless Wi-Fi CAN Diagnostic, Monitoring & Development Tool for sale from Grid Connect
- No driver installation required: easy set-up using “Configuration Button.”
- CAN Messages are formatted in either ASCII or binary
- Integrated “help” for set-up/configuration commands
- Assisted set-up.
- Use with any software that provides support for TCP/IP connections such as Tera Term. Tera Term is open-source software included on a CD
- Send and receive CAN messages via Wi-Fi interface or through the terminal window
The CAN-WIFI diagnostic tool requires some getting used to. The screen set up is simple, but it cannot be too specific with its diagnostics. This particular product claims to need zero assembly time. The CAN-WIFI tool supposedly starts up with the touch of a button. The CAN-WIFI diagnostic tool is a sturdy little gadget that is best for those mechanics on a budget and who know how to use one. Warranty: One year
2. The Craftsman 1 Piece Automotive Diagnostic Tool, available from Ace Hardware
- Works with any car, light truck, minivan, SUV or hybrid manufactured by foreign and domestic
- Read and erase check engine light codes with a click of a button
- Battery and alternator test and helps troubleshoot no-start car problems
- Diagnose and erase ABS codes on most popular, newer-model vehicles
- Height: 12 inches Length: 8.5 inches Width: 2.5 inches
- Features an all-in-one display screen
- The easy-to-use hotkeys and built-in scanner make the job simple
- Available in-store or online with free shipping.
This particular tool is simple to use with everything displayed on the screen and straightforward buttons that identify all of its features. The Craftsman Automotive Diagnostic Tool comes fully assembled. All you need to do is supply the batteries. Made from highly durable plastic, this device will last a long, long time in a garage or mechanic shop. Warranty: One year. You can also find this item on eBay.
3. The INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool with ABS/SRS and Live Data for OBD2 Vehicles
No products found.
No products found.
- Reads “Check Engine” light warnings on all 1996 and newer cars, light trucks, SUVs and minivans (foreign & domestic) – including C.A.N. (Controller Area Network)
- Diagnoses ABS and SRS codes on most 1996 and newer GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda vehicles
- Provides SAE enhanced Live Data – views, graphs, records, and plays back live PCM data streams on screen
- Displays OBD2 Freeze Frame Data & turns off check engine, ABS and SRS lights
- The unit can be USB (cable included) flash updated with a standard Windows PC
- It also provides a scan tool, OBD2 cable, USB cable, soft pouch, and quick reference guide
- Available in two different styles: A black and white screen or a larger, Bluetooth enabled design
For most of the cars on the road today, this gadget is simple and easy to use to check diagnostic issues. For cars made before 1996, the INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool is not designed to work on them. The INNOVA 3160 Diagnostic Scan Tool comes fully assembled right to your doorstep. This compact diagnostic tool is pretty darn sturdy and in the hands of a professional will last for a long while. Warranty: One year from Innova Electronics, Inc.
Pros and cons of the Autel Maxicheck Pro
Before we tell you our final verdict for the Autel Maxicheck Pro, we are going to go through all of its pros and cons one last time.
- Coverage for 50 different kinds of vehicles, both domestic and global
- Offers a variety of readings for various diagnostic issues
- Reliable, versatile, compact, and durable
- Does not have all the features of a higher-end diagnostic tool
- It is not a necessary purchase for the average car owner
Should you buy it?
After all of this information, we can finally share with you whether or not we think you should buy an Autel Maxicheck Pro tool.
In comparison to the other mid-level diagnostic tools available on the market today, the Autel Maxicheck Pro is easier to use and more reliable. All of these tools we’ve mentioned today are compact and durable, but some are simpler to read than others.
For a professional mechanic or even a car enthusiast, an Autel Maxicheck Pro is an investment worth considering. One of these bad boys can make your job much more manageable, by eliminating the need to manually check everything on a car when it comes into your shop or garage.
If you are looking for a quick and straightforward diagnostic tool, the Autel Maxicheck Pro is one of the more viable options. It is going to get the job done with minimal fuss and time, which is always beneficial.
Last update on 2021-10-27 at 18:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API