Autel has done it again! This was the sentiment of two of my colleagues while we were at the last conference on Aduino technology at a local university. It got me thinking, what is this new thing in the market which I have not come across. I had however been introduced to the use of one previously launched product from the Autel technology giant on my left drive US made automobile.
Lol! It was the new Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool which they were talking about. It took me by no surprise knowing only too well the impressive portfolio of the manufacturer. However, I had to get a glimpse of the OBD2 scan machine and that is when I knew what my colleagues were marveling about, the features!
What is so unique about it?
Looking at the scan tool and its user guide, you will not fail to notice the following features
- It has an ability to diagnose and erase both the anti lock backing system (ABS) and the safety restraint system (SRS). These two safety nets are quite important; the enabling codes assist the technician in getting to rectify any fault.
- Has a wide compatibility with several OBD1, OBD2 and controlled area network (CAN) compliant vehicles. The compatible Vehicles range from several Asian and European made OBD2 car brands.
- It has a rich mix of both manufacturer specific and an array of other generic code, the major contributor to its compatibility. Its coverage therefore is almost on the global scale considering this.
- An instant messaging (IM) which give the technician and the owner the capacity to get live data feeds, the ability to check the status emissions saves time. This expedites the process of corrective measures in the course of OBD2 coding and repairs. The most unique thing here is the ability to access the data just by one click button.
- It has an in-built audio technique, which gives live sound on the areas worth attending to. The 3 minute tone also informs the technician when the vehicle has been fully scanned and repaired. This is further supported by a visual feature through the color LEDs which also blink when the vehicle engine is ready.
- It is reasonable in size measuring about 70.9 x 31.5 x 102.4 inches, a relatively large but suitable considering the enabling accessories. In addition, it weighs 2 pounds which is rather light for its size. These two features combined aid in its storage and navigation while using and after.
- Several other professionally oriented components like the drive cycle monitors.
Benefits of using the scanner
From the experience of most users, using the Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool has been seen to come with the following unique benefits;
Wide coverage- with its rich mix of codes and the high rate of OBD2, OBD1 and CAN compliant vehicles, you can be sure that this scan machine will be used across a wide range of vehicles. This in turn is bound to be rather convenient and resource saving in terms of money and energy.
Cheap and economical- while other high flying OBD2 scan machines are sold at a price worth an arm,the Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool is rather pocket friendly. This is in spite of the high quality and wide rather of quality results it is bound to give.
If you are looking for something which comes at a reasonably pocket friendly price, then this is for you. The Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool has been found to work well especially if the user guide is religiously followed. However, if you heart yearns for something classy and state of the art, then this OBD2 scan machine may disappoint you. You can therefore go through the several available scan tools in the market, who knows, this may be what you are looking for.
How to install and use
Following the comprehensive user guide which accompanies the device will be the basic step at getting to install the Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool in its right way.
- After the installation, updating the application through an internet enabled server is then the next step.
- Remove the accompanying SD card and plug it in the unit. You are then ready to plug your OBD2 scan to action by scanning and clearing the first data.
Factors of cost and quality usually play a major role in determining how consumers perceive products. This may not be the case here, especially concerning cost. Despite its meager price, the Autel AL619 OBDII/CAN Scan Tool provides its users with much more than found in most relatively high cost scan tools of its caliber.
That is what I found out when I tried it for my vehicle. Though you may have the time to peruse other equally better scan tools, using my experience is rather welcome. It may save you a lot of money and time.
You can click on link below to read more about Autel MD802 Scanner, a product like Autel AL619