The do it yourself (DIY) feature has been one of the latest trends in most OBD II scans. The main aim of this feature is mainly to make the life of the user as convenient as possible. The area of car scans was in fact shrouded in lots of painful mysteries and huge undertakings in terms of costs and having to visit some lousy mechanic in some cases.
It is for this that the Autel, a company in the United States has come up with Autel AL301 OBDII/CAN Code Reader. The company’s profile is impeccable given the positive feedback it has and as a result specialty in making some of the latest brands of OBD II scan tools is not in question.
Visiting the US OBD II conglomerate will be enough to give you a glimpse of what you are up against. It has managed to pull some of the firsts in the OBD sector with very innovative OBD II scan tools.
It is for this that I consider this tool, the Autel AL301 OBDII/CAN Code Reader as among the best ever in the market.
Why the OBD 2 tool tick
I have come across several tools, I have even used most of them, and the Autel AL301 OBDII scanner has something special in its features and the nature of its functionality. Let’s look at its features;
- Has a well developed display feature where the data that has been read can be displayed for the mechanic or driver to access and act on. This allows for quick correction of any trouble code that may impede the vehicle’s use.
- It has the capacity to carry out a routine inspection as well as maintenance with regard to the illuminating monitor (I/M) or the usual check engine light status. It will thus promptly inform the user of the completion status of any repair process.
- Can also erase the already used diagnostic codes and create room for more data.
- It has a wide motor vehicle OBDII protocol coverage which gives it an upper hand in covering all the newer OBD II compliant vehicles.
- Wide code reading with the capacity to display vehicle identification number (VIN) and other given its ability to cover the generic, manufacturer based codes as well as the latest controlled area network (CAN) codes.
- It weighs 11.4 ounces, which is lighter when compared to other bulky OBD 2 tools. It is this that brings its convenient use. In the same vein, the size of this OBD tool measuring 9.2 by 1.8 by 6.3 inches is friendlier to the user in terms of fitting and storage.
- Autel AL301 OBDII scanner comes with comprehensively written user manuals comprising the print as well as the CD copy where the software is also kept.
- For its additional power punch, it is regarded as the best do it yourself (DIY) tool ever by most of its users. With it, there is no need for mechanic garage visits because most of the fault detection and repair can be done by the car owner.
- The Autel group brings the tool with a one year limited warranty, though just covering on some areas, it is better than none.
- None computer dependent function, this thus allows for its use even by those who have no PC or any other computer application devices.
- Comes with comprehensive trouble code library in the form of a PDF where the user can get the meanings and how to repair all the codes.
- It has a federal regulator certification, adding to its higher ratings in the market.
- Easily updated thus allows it to change with the change in the technological atmosphere globally.
- It has an aesthetic design with a durable cover. This feature is important especially for a do it yourself (DIY) device which is in most cases used by novices in this area.
If you have ever used the Autel AL301 OBDII/CAN Code Reader, then, you are bound to have seen some of the following benefits;
- Exclusive power– the scan tool has the do it yourself (DIY) functional power which gives the user the capacity to get to know several aspects within the car engine. In addition, this among the few tools which gives a clear update on the car trouble code repair status.
- Efficiency– with a threesome in terms of data code library, this OBD tool spoils the user for choice in terms of where to make reference. It thus allows for clear understanding of any data code before any action is taken.
Recommendation on use
Among the OBD scan tools in the market, this is the best to have around if you are a motorist who has the intention of eliminating cases of the car breaking down. The major reason for that is its higher capacity in the area of do it yourself (DIY). With the other accompaniments, you are bound to do quite well.
Though targeting novices, the mechanics are bound to get more than they bargained for, this tool is a great catch f yours is an intention to develop a great career and good rapport with your clients. Buying it can save both the car user and the mechanic from so much trouble.
How to use
This tool being one of the OBD with less reliance on the computer has most of its features in built. You only require setting it up by connecting it to the vehicle OBD port at a certain area near the driver’s seat. As the scan process is in progress, it is imperative to have the manuals ready.
AutoLink AL301 User’s Manual(1.7MB): Download
If you need to use the computer, the software on the CD is run on the computer and then the OBD 2 tool is connected to the car via USB. Whatever way you take, it is important to always take care of the do it yourself (DIY) functions.
The Autel AL301 OBDII/CAN Code Reader is a great OBD tool though there are newer versions the company is upgrading to take its position. Whichever the case, the intention of the company is only to help give the users better services. Those who have used it have a good word for it and I’m sure you will too.
Incoming search terms:
- is al319 better than ms309