The use of technology has come of age, especially where the use of the on board diagnostics is concerned. This has never been the case in the past when the emission scanning was introduced to mitigate for the serious environmental issues which arose as a result of driving faulty cars by the large number of ever increasing motorists.
Table of Contents
Several companies are making these on board diagnostic tools, one of them being the Xtool. I must admit that I had very little knowledge of the company when I first came into contact with their great OBD scan tool.
The second generation on board diagnostic OBD 2 tools have in fact proven to be a challenge, not to the Xtool X300 – OBD 2 plus. Looking at its form, mistaking it for a masterpiece is not hard. However, the secret of the company, for those who have used their scanners has been consistency.
Why buy the Xtool X300- plus?
Buying this tool may just prove to be the best investment any motorist would have to undertake. For instance, its power when compared to its other ranges of the X100 plus and the X200 plus is quite high.
It can be the best tool to enable in quick car repairs especially where the check engine light malfunction is concerned. And because it is meant for vehicles which are spread across most of the geographical areas, buying it is an economical venture because you can use it across the board.
Efficiency – because of the wide range of reading capacities, the scan tool has shown high levels of efficiency in its use. This makes the user has the ability to discern the real cause of the check engine light malfunction as a well as the other areas of the car including the oil checks.
Cost effectiveness– while the main aim of the user of the OBD scan tools is to cut on the emission ranges, it has been found to be the best tool in aiding the car user cut on cost.
User friendly– the features of this tool points to its user oriented nature. This makes the tool one of the best companions to any motorists.
Things We Liked
- It is lightweight making it a good tool to use and store.
- The OBD scan has better compatibility with most of the cars, the universal nature allows for its wide use.
- It’s more powerful than its predecessor, the X200- plus and other OBD 2 scan tools of its range.
- It is easy to use with its plug and play features.
- It has an appeal to the eye with its design and color.
Things We Didn't Like
- Its wide compatibility yet lack of multilingual features may in some cases prove to be the biggest undoing, especially where the language of coding is concerned.
Who needs to buy the scan tool?
Because of its wide coverage and compatibility, the need for this scan tool has been seen to be quite diverse, some of the cars which users may need to use this tool may include; Toyota, Lexus, for Honda, Acura, Mazda, Audi, Seat, Porsche, Opel, Citroen, Jaguar, Nissan, Infiniti, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Suzuki, Kia and Hyundai.In addition, the Land Rover, Lincoln, Renault, Daewoo, SSANGYONG, Proton, QNLotus GM, Cadillac, Buick, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Ford/Mercury/Lincoln, Buick and Transit, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Saturn are also some of the cars which use this tool.
The GM, Jeep. Thain, Scion Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Peugeot, Citroen, SAAB, Seat, Skoda, Toyota/Lexus, Honda, Acura, Isuzu, Chery, Roewe, MG, R36, and Magotan users may also find it quite useful.
The scan tool use is not limited to these but other cars may also find the OBD 2 quite an asset. Most of these cars, especially those made in America and Europe will be gladly fitted with the OBD 2 scan for the convenience of the users.
The scope and Capacity of the tool
Because of the innovativeness, the tool has a wide scope ranging from the coverage of diverse car brands to the use in several geographical areas where the compliance with the OBD 2 regulation has taken root.
What is intriguing is the ability of the tool to do time pressure resets, timing belt resets, the electronic brake changing (EBC) systems and the throttle matching. However, all these are not uniform for the diverse car ranges from the geographical areas in question.
Characteristics and specifications
Looking at the OBD scan tool, one would be delighted to see the following unique features;
- It has more power when compared to most of the X200S OBD scan tools in the market.
- The strong database gives it an upper hand when it comes to coverage of most of the car brands within its range.
- It supports a variety of the OBD 2 protocols including the famous CAN and the uniform data system (UDS) protocols. These allows for it to read diverse4 amounts of data.
- It can read, erase and store diverse data codes including certain important car features like the timing belt resets, the electronic braking system, and the throttle matching ranges.
- Its data code readings include the manufacturer specific as well as the generic codes in the car engine fault system, a secret to its wide compatibility.
- It comes in a complete package which comprises what any user would want to have. These include the main test cable, the X300-plus key programmer, a USB cable, a card reader, a comprehensive user manual and an adapter.
- The OBD scan tool has assize of 7.56 x 1.15 x 3.67 Inches while weighing only 5.5 lbs, reasonable enough to allow for ease its use and store.
- The OBD 2 scan tool has a double pronged approach with the use of the automatic as well as the manual features taking the center stage.
- The power source of the Xtool X300 arises from the car DLC port which is connected directly to the engine. It consumes 3 watts of power in the course of its use from the engine. However, the OBD scan tool can also use battery source of power of 12 volts.
How does the tool work?
Because it uses the car engine power, the Xtool X300-Plus is not your normal standalone OBD 2 scan tool. Moreover, its mix of use of both battery and car power makes it to be regarded as one of the most powerful tools around.
With its USB connections, you only need to plug the device to the car DLC and prompt it into action. The data will definitely appear on the display where the user gets to read it and discern. The lack of a specific lingual feature has been seen to be the most undoing of the OBD scan tool because you will still need some interpretation of the read data.
With all its great features, nothing much to be installed given the fact that this is a plug and play device. It mainly relies on the car computer to be able to efficiently get the data. However, the package includes several listed accessories like the cables for test and USB cables for connectivity.
In addition, you will gladly have the OBD 2 scan tool having the external card reader to aid in giving external memory and an additional user manual to cap its main use. The power adapter is meant to aid its connectivity to a power source during use.
The jury is out and you need no more convincing that this is your best OBD 2 scan tool if you need something to help you save that extra buck. The user oriented nature of the OBD scan tool is in itself enough to help you make that decision. The most important thing is the availability of the Xtool X300-Plus OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles on most online retail outlets.