The compatibility aspect of most OBD scan tools has always remained quite a challenge to most people. It may in some instances take ages to get the relevant tool if no meaningful information is availed to someone with the intent of buying best OBSD scan.
Table of Contents
Looking around, you will be amazed at the rich choice one has to contend with. OBD scan tools ScanTool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool and OBDwiz Diagnostic Software ( Compatible with all Windows OS programs including Windows 8 Operating System ) ]are many if that is what may soothe y your imagination. The variety presents a challenge on making the right choice. That is what I encountered in the course of looking for the scan tool I use currently.
Having heard that there is something which can make the process of fault discovery easier, I wanted to have something for reducing the number of visits I made to the mechanic. That is when I came across the Scan Tool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool.
It is made by the ScanTool Group whose reputation span far and wide. The company prides itself as among the most trusted and innovative OBD scan tool, manufacturer. The scan is a deviation from most of its peers given orts special additions the manufacturer has added. The OBDwiz software for instance is not what you get on most scan tools in the market.
Why should buy Scan Tool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD II?
With all the wonderful features, using ScanTool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool and OBDwiz Diagnostic Software ( Compatible with all Windows OS programs including Windows 8 Operating System ) is known to attract several benefits. Some of those include;
- Economical- given its ability to offer live scan data, the user has the surety of solving any vehicle fault as fast as it arises. It is in this way that the user saves a lot of money and time which would have gone paying the mechanics a visit.
- Reliable- the OBD wiz software has the ability to provide the user with wide range of fault dat. This allows for the user to have peace of mind that whichever the case, the trouble codes are bound to be detected. It is here also that the ability of the tool to cover over 7000 unique codes gains lots of importance.
The most amazing thing which made me select it was the numerous reviews it received from the previous users. On my part I liked the creative idea of it having the OBD wiz software. Some of its features however will just make anyone love it.
Things We Liked
- Large number of code coverage-OBD scan tools work on the basis of detection of trouble codes. The codes which in most cases are classified as generic and manufacturer specific codes usually determine how thorough the scan tool can be. With large coding, the depth of information got increase.
- Cost effectiveness- with all the unique features and an accompanying OBD wiz software, the scan tool costs amazingly low. While some less performing tools cost more, this is the best for any pocket. However, the 90 day money back guarantee kills it all. Ease of use- the ease of installation and several other user friendly interfaces including the library makes the use of the tool quite an experience. All the materials within the scan tool manual are properly explained.
Things We Didn't Like
- Inability to read ABS and SRS- the reading of the anti lock brake system (ABS) and the safety restraint systems (SRS) are usually important where the use of OBD is concerned. It is however sad to note that without an additional software, Scan Tool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool des not read these two important stopgaps.
- May not scan on some cars- however much the scan tool codes, it is noted to not scan trouble codes from certain car brands.
ScanTool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool and OBDwiz Diagnostic Software ( Compatible with all Windows OS programs including Windows 8 Operating System ) is the best if you want to scan on other cars apart from Hyundai. For Hyundai owners, look for another scan tool. Because of the uniqueness, the reader saves the user lots of money and time. In addition, the price is friendly while the accompanying money back guarantee makes its user enjoy stress free use.
- Has the OBD wiz software which is Compatible with all known windows operating systems. This allows for its ease of installation and use. The software works well even on windows 8 which is a rare recipient of most of the known OBD software’s.
- It can read and clear the trouble codes concurrently. This feature alone allows for it to keep refreshing as it receives the data codes for use by the motorist. In addition, the tool can give a graphic representation of the said code problems and give a fuel measurement analytics.
- ScanTool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool and OBDwiz Diagnostic Software ( Compatible with all Windows OS programs including Windows 8 Operating System ) ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool has wide coding capacity spanning over 7000 codes. This feature is unique because very few OBD scan tools can reach the number of codes seen here. The codes in question are both in the generic and manufacture specific ranges, a clear show of the universal nature of the tool.
Wide functional feature with the ability to read live data as well as the known freeze data functions. This is important in keeping the motorist up to the minute on issues concerning his car. Moreover, with the freeze data feature, getting the data later in the course of car repair is easier.
- At ban amazing size of 6.1 by 4.5 by 0.7 inches, the tool will just be perfect if you are into the business of having to use the tool frequently and require carrying it. The weight of the Scan Tool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool is set at 2.4 ounces, small enough not to overburden its user.
- Several OBD scan tests which include the smoggle emission test, an important test feature to be able to determine whether the scan tool has the ability to protect its users and the environment.
- The OBD wiz software which is used with this tool is a free source which requires the user not to spend any amounts on its purchase. The ease of installation is not to be forgotten making the scan tool use more interesting.
- High compatibility with most car models spanning the former years to the current ones. The span of car sizes also range from the smaller ones to light truck making it an economical tool to have around.
- The inbuilt online library which offers possible causes and the possible solutions to any scan coding problem makes the tool stand tall among its peers.
How is it used?
ScanTool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool and OBDwiz Diagnostic Software ( Compatible with all Windows OS programs including Windows 8 Operating System ) ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool is basically a plug and play device with an attachment to software which has to be installed. Installing the software on any window device is the first step to successful use.
The search for an effective OBD scan tool ScanTool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool and OBDwiz Diagnostic Software ( Compatible with all Windows OS programs including Windows 8 Operating System ) could never be this better if you have not tried the Scan Tool 423001 ElmScan 5 Compact OBD-II Scan Tool. Several avenues including the manufacturer and most websites to do with OBD have the tool at an amazing price. Looking for yours today may save you from the whole agony if you took the right step.
Incoming search terms:
- elm scan tool
- does obdwiz read anti lock brake coeds
- Elm scan tool reliability
- ElmScan 5 Compact (USB) Scan Tool
- OBD2 Reader CAN Compact Scan Tool
- obdwiz engine diagnostic software