Are you one of those who are looking for an OBD scanner of great quality? Your search seems to end with the discovery of the PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBD II Scanner.
Table of Contents
Looking at the scan, one can definitely see how much time it took the innovators. However, it is the amount of praise which its users have always had for it that has drawn it into being seen as among the best.
The kiwi brand does not disappoint both in function and design. Though relatively a new entrant into the OBD scan tool making business, the PLX devices have always distinguished itself as one of the most innovative OBD scan tool manufacturers.
In fact, this will be like blowing their trumpet before looking at the uniqueness of the PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBD II Scanner, which is well seen on its features.
In this day and age, there is a way to gauge everything. This is a great thing considering so much can go wrong with a car specifically. Problems can appear without us even knowing, but with this scanner, you can be in the know at all times.
It tackles the big issues that need to be taken care of in real-time. It is super easy to get used to and simple. Having this small device that will even connect to your phone can really save you. We all see the codes and small lights pop up on the dashboard of our cars, but we rarely ever know what they mean or what to do about them.
Most of us do not have the knowledge of a mechanic, but the kiwi Bluetooth wireless trip computer and obd ii scanner does! Instead of taking it into the shop for any code, use this.
Why should buy this Product?
The PLX devices are known to come with several benefits in its use. Some of which include;
- Ease of use– the 6 feet USB cable which accompanies the OBD scanner makes its connection quite easy. In addition, the installation of the OBD scanner is easy and takes less than 10 minutes.
- Convenience– it is not surprising that the scan tool has the ability to bring several codes including the fuel gauge. Using this tool allows for the user to be able to help the user avoid diverse cases of car engine fault.
I have been blessed with the grace of using several OBD scanners but this one is special. Its mode of operation is unique added to the several enabling features which make the tool stand out. It is a recommended tool for both professional mechanics who want convenience for their clients and beginners.
Because it has the ability to give code meanings, you are bound to experience immense decrease in your mechanic visits. It is also likely that this OBD scan will help improve the state of your engine fuel consumption.
Things We Liked
- Aesthetic build- its automotive grade plastic allows the tool to have an appeal to the user’s eyes. In addition, the cover allows the tool to operate efficiently without being effected by weather.
- User friendliness the OBD scan comes with a power back up mechanism which enables it to efficiently save on the power usage. This is even made more pronounced by a power switch. In addition, its usage on the mobile devices with ease of pairing makes it quite friendly.
- Cost effectiveness- the ability to code on several car brands gives the OBD scan tool the ability to provide the user with diverse code choices. This makes the several perennial mechanic visits to be reduced and as a result cut on cost.
- It comes with increased use- the car MPG gauge connected to the OBD scan tool is known to improve on the user’s car mileage.
Things We Didn't Like
- While different users are bound to have different experiences, this device has not been noted to be problematic. Most of the users can attest to it that the PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBD II Scanner works just like the manufacturer has specified. The other notable hiccups are likely sales issues which are better sorted with the seller.
PLX Devices Kiwi Features
The OBD scan tool has some of the following features including;
- With the several USB cables which are inclusive in its nice package, the tool has the ability to connect to the cars OBD II connection port through its 6 feet cable. The addition of a power switch helps the process further by making it a standalone device; it makes the coding process quite easy and convenient.
- PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBD II Scanner has a wide coding capacity with vehicles within the OBD II. In addition, its work with the android application range of Torque Free, OBD Scan Gen Pro, OBD Android-Pro, OBD Android-Free and the Voyager Dash makes it quite fast.
- It has the ability to scan based on the several OBD engine sensors that it has and the wireless connectivity function based on the plug and play enabled features are all too familiar.
- In addition to the read, erase, display, translate and store data codes make it stand out.
- The OBD is further enabled with the manufacturer’s fuel’ gauge in the form of miles per gallon (MPG) sensors which make it give an in-depth state of the fuel situation. This helps the user get a clear preview of when to fuel the car.
- It has the capacity within its system to give the user real time data coding and viewing through its s well formed display screen.
- It has a small size of 2.75 inches by 1.25 by 0.6 inches which makes it so easy to carry around during use. In addition it weighs 6.4 ounces which is also so light for ease of movement.
- It has the capacity to connect to all android enabled mobile devices through its Bluetooth function. This allows it to be able to connect to almost all the OBD II compliant cars with Bluetooth function.
How is it installed and used?
Because of the nature of its compatibility, it is only nice if one got an OBD 2 device. The next step will be probably to download the requisite applications which the scanner works with on Bluetooth.
These can be either one of the following android applications; Torque Free, OBD Scan Gen Pro, OBD Android-Pro, OBD Android-Free and Voyager Dash. These applications can be sourced for from the open sources for a fee.
Running the applications and opening the application on your mobile will make the user ready to pair the device for use. It is imperative that the device b e paired or connected to the engine port directly for the scan process to begin.
On receiving the code, the owner can decide to repair on his own or just take it to the mechanic for repairs.
If you take a close look, you are likely to see the PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth Wireless Trip Computer and OBD II Scanner is just your ordinary scanner. However, its operations will make you more excited than you think. There are likely some OBD 2 scan tools in the market that works almost like it, some are even better.
Information on these tools may be what makes the difference. Visiting our site could therefore serve as that ice breaker. This does not mean you have to buy this tool, but it will serve your needs if you did so.