Among the best OBD2 scan brands, the most visible among them is the Innova brand. It may be popular because of the several OBD2 scans in its name, or maybe because most customers love it. My wife has been fond of this brand since we bought our first car. However, one scan from this brand which we had not used was the Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool.
Table of Contents
One striking characteristic of this scan machine is in the manner in which it is designed. However, it is worth mentioning that most of these scan machines realize the popularity due to their manufacturer portfolio. My wife bought the Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool just because of the experience we had with a previous scan we bought from the same company.
Why should buy Innova 31703 Car Scan Tool?
Using the Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool has been found to have several benefits, a few of these benefits include;
- The wide coverage makes the scan tool to work on several car models. This is advantageous to the technician and the car owners who may find it rather convenient for use without sourcing for others.
- High quality settings with a sleek design to match. The look of the scan machine is worth keeping around for aesthetic value. You are likely to be the envy of the town. The cost, though pricy is a mark of high class, which also go with status.
Using something usually give you a lot of insight. That is what happened. In spite of the user manual, most of the functions of the Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool are fantastic and on point. You only need to install it in the right manner.
It worked perfectly on our car; the most exciting thing was the support we got from the ASE online technical team. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something extraordinary.
Things We Liked
- High quality- Most goods are considered in terms of their prices to determine the amount of time and input the manufacturer has put in. With the numerous special characteristics are all meant to ensure quality both during its use and after.
- Guaranteed peace of mind- It is not lost in the minds of most users that the technicians from the ASE technical support group, who have an agreement with INNOVA are among the best. With this, the user has the peace of mind not worrying about the OBD2 scan breaking down in the course of its use.
- Cost effectiveness- In regard to its ability to be used across the board, covering the OBD1, OBD2 and other generic based coding. You need not have several scan machines.
Things We Didn't Like
- It has a poorly written user manual which gives ambiguous information in spite of the price. In this process, it can mislead you if you are not keen. In some instances, the manual does not give the true state of affairs.
The Innova 31703 features
The following features make the Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool work as it has been noted to;
- An up to date memory battery backup- it is worth noting that this is one fundamental feature which makes keeping of data secure. No data can be lost using this backup. In addition to this, one is able to access the data even if the engine is switched off.
- ASE technical support- in line with the long running memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the Innova and the ASE technical group. The scan machine comes with a guaranteed technical support for life.
- An ability to read and erase data when in use. This is especially with the backing of the anti lock brake system (ABS) and the safety restraint system (SRS) codes. These two combinations are usually important safety measures within the Airbag.
- Innova 31703 scanner compatible with several vehicle models especially those compatible with the OBD2 like those made from1996 onwards. These models including the newer General Motors brands, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota and Honda vehicles are equally covered.
- Has a live data feed function with the ability to play back, present graphical representation of the codes and an integrated, well formed screen display mechanism,. All these are meant to help the technician get efficient and timely data. The control of emission process is therefore possible without any hustles. In addition, the data recording functionality helps with the ease of printing the raw data for further analysis.
- A freeze frame display mechanism, with a multiple proportional integral derivative (PID) function. Through this, the technician also get’s to have a controlled coding of the desired set point code. Using this, getting a snapshot of the real magnitude of the error has never been that easy.
- Product is sized at 14.2 x 12.5 x 4.8 inches and weighs 6 pounds. This is meant to show that it is easy to use, store and even move around when not in use.
- Internet connection ability with an updatable window. It helps refresh the condition of the OBD2 scan machine.
- A USB connection component which can connect to the PC for ease of printing and updating of the data and the system.
- A wide mix of both the OBD1 and the normal OBD2 codes. In addition, the generic codes are also covered within its coding range. The rich code combination is what makes its compatibility with different vehicle brands possible.
How to install and use
The process of setting it up just takes the usual A.B.C of the Innova scan machine installation and use. Plug to the DLC port, download the settings of the car to the PC link, and then connect the Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool to the PC and then operate. It saves a lot of time if followed correctly.
Having an OBD2 scan machine which takes the shape of a phone can in some instances confuse the owner and the related persons. This sleek and slim Innova 31703 Car Scan OBD2 + OBD1/ABS/SRS Scan Tool scan works just fine. If you compare it to some, then it works wonders. Buying this great scan tool will therefore be one of the best investments you can make for your car.
You can read Innova 3100 review to have more infomation
Incoming search terms:
- innova ibd1 and ibd2 scan tool 31703
- innova 51603