Table of Contents
To me and many other OBD enthusiasts globally, the INNOVA has built for itself a larger than life profile with its several products globally ranging from the OBD 1 scan tools and the several OBD 2 scans. Getting a tool which works on both of the OBD interfaces is quite special.
However the features of the INNOVA 31403 Car Scan OBD 2 plus OBD 1 Scan Tool are what caught my attention. The innovative touch of the tool can be seen in the following;
Why should buy this scanner?
- Complete scan- the several angles through which this tool takes the data through is enough to give the user of the tool a complete scan procedure. This is in addition to the reports, the data print outs and the eventual suggestions on the mode of action to take when dealing with the data.
- Ease of use- despite having all the unique features, one ids bound to agree that this is one of the easiest tools to use. Its plug and play option on the DLC allows even novices to use it without any problems. In addition, the display function and the several data code presentations give the user an even easier task while scanning.
Looking at the uniqueness, the tool has the best option of serving any motorists. Added to the update ability, this is a mix of modernity and the old generation scan tools.
Buying it is good if you decide to do so, however, shopping for other equally effective tools may be the best option if the funds you have may not get it from the shelves.
Things We Liked Things We Didn't Like
Things We Liked
Things We Didn't Like
- Good display feature- with all the enhancements, the tool has live data display feature which makes the user get the data reading more promptly. In addition to this, the tool has the option of having the data presented graphically with data meaning and possible fault repairs included in the display format.
- Backup system- the OBD 2 scan tool is enabled with a backup battery system with an accompanying memory system within its fold. While the tool reads live data, the freeze data function helps the user to have an option of retrieving the said data at a later date.
- Enhanced data retrieval mechanisms-the scan tool reads data from almost all car genres which include even the new car brands coming into the market. in addition, it has the capacity to generate the manufacturer specific as well as generic data codes with an inclusion of special pending and permanent codes all falling within its fold.
- An access to repair solutions feature- this allows the mechanic or driver to enjoy wide range data code definition and solutions. In addition, the solution has a function of generating what is known as the full diagnostic report as well as providing the possible details of causes of the check engine light trouble code and the possibility of the problem being fixed. It is the only tool which gives the user the information on the possibility of the machine or car engine getting faulty and being returned to the manufacturer.
- Industrially recognized- with the option of enjoying the feature of giving the user the snapshots on the engine state based on the proportional integral derivative (PID), the OBD has some of the most advanced data presentation features.
- Reasonable size- with all the positive features, the tool is only 10.5 x 15 x 12.7 inches at 6 pounds in overall weight. This fact allows for ease of carrying and storage.
- Wireless interne upgrade- like all the modern tools, this OBD scan tool has an option of enjoying upgradability to allow for compatibility with newer cars. This allows the tool to be able to retrieve the anti lock brake system (ABS) and the safety restraint system (SRS) data codes.
- Data print feature- with an option of enabling the data to be printed through the enabling management software’s, the driver or mechanic is assured of getting the best data code information for efficient repairs.
How to install and use?
Most of the INNOVA OBD scan tools have the function of plug and play user mode. With this, you are bound to enjoy efficient services by just plugging it to the cars DLC port and prompting for the scan process through its buttons.
The INNOVA 31403 OBD scan tool is one of the few scans which are enabled to cover the two generations of on board diagnostics.
Getting this tool is bound to drastically reduce the cost of repairs.
With more tools coming into the market, it may not be worth your time if it seems too costly, however, for those who love quality, here it is.