Being fond of a brand is contagious. That is the predicament I and my wife are in when it comes to the INNOVA OBD2 scan brands. To us, they are all one needs to be able to solve problems to do with engine emissions. When it comes to quality, the brand name stands.
If you’re tight on the budget or just want a simple diagnostic code reader for erasing or turning off check engine light and ABS light, then this is the device for you. The Innova is not only cheap but also very easy to use. It is the perfect entry-level scanner for beginners as well as DIYers. The device is compatible with any vehicle manufactured from 1996 or newer. It can be updated via the internet to have the latest software. The black and white screen displays results, while its compact design makes it easy to use and store.
Table of Contents
For this reason, we found ourselves making what I would call an impulse purchase of the new INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool/Code Reader with ABS for OBD2 Vehicles. We did not need any scan tool at this time of the year because already we had enough stock, but just from the face of it, the OBD2 scan tool which was being displayed on the local motor dealer shop attracted our attention.
Just like most of the other INNOVA brands we had used before, the features which seemed to be rather upgradable was the reason why we fell for this unique scan. Take my word, it has not disappointed.
Why should buy Innova 3030?
One thing which has made me always falling for this brand is the area of its unmatched benefits, the INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool presents a rich bag of goodies which include;
A code reader is a very necessary tool for all drivers since it can help you avoid crashes. The Innova tells you the issue with your car in advance, and that helps you know if your car needs immediate attention. Also, this scanner helps reduce the cost and time spent going to a mechanic since the driver is able to pinpoint the issue on his own with his car and give suggestions on the way to help fix the possible problems.
- Peace of mind- with the ready to help ASE technicians covering for all your technical need queries, it is only prudent to relax and enjoy its use.
- Cost effectiveness– among the OBD2 scan tools of this brand, we found the scan to be rather fairly priced. Buying it therefore was pocket friendly and had no harm. In addition, the top quality range of services it has been able to offer us without soliciting for any technician is unbelievable.
Author ReviewSaying that I like this tool will be an understatement, I love it!
The INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool has all you may need for your car OBD2 scan needs. In fact, it presents much more. Buying this scan tool will drastically improve your health because your worries over car break downs will be all in the past.
Several models of scan machines are available in the market which could function as much as this. But based on the price, quality and the nature in which it functions, this OBD2 scan tool is the best.
Things We Liked
- It is efficient- in regards to the several services it is able to deliver and the unique ability to refresh and show both live and freeze data, it gives clear and up to date coding. Moreover, the machine delivers data even when the car engine is not functioning.
- It is easy to use- the comprehensive manner in which the user guide has been written, the easy to understand parts and its use with familiar gadgets like the PC has really made OBD2 scanning process in our vehicles to appear like child play.
- It is cheap- compared to most of the OBD2 scan machines within its quality range, the INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool has the cheapest price. This is unlike the unique functional abilities and efficiency it brings to OBD2 scanning.
- Durability- with the presence of the readily available ASE technical team, the OBD2 scan machine is bound to enjoy prolonged use. In addition, the strong, sturdy build and the aesthetic design will spur its use for longer period.
- With the ability to read, erase and check the data codes, the OBD2 scan machine is what you need if you are new in the area of scan tools. Moreover, the presence of the anti lock braking system (ABS) with full LED lights will ensure that the vehicle use is kept as safe as possible.
- It has an ability to display on the screen the scanned data. This is further enhanced by its unique capacity to show 25 different scanned data concurrently. For instance, the display will show the test run results, and the ready to scan sign among others. The technician will thus have more than he needs when using this OBD2 scan machine for repairs.
- Ability to automatically refresh- with this function being set within seconds, one thing is for sure, INNOVA 3030 diagnostic scan tool for OBD2 vehicles is an efficient, reliable companion.
- It has a Rich component of accompanying accessories which include a USB port for connections to external components and the engine.
- Its ability to be updated through the internet is also another feature which makes the scan tool to stand out. It can therefore be manipulated to be compatible with certain cars which are hitherto not in its range.
- An easy to use based on its plug and play component. In addition to this, the OBD2 scan tool enables the technician an option of easily verifying the scanned data.
- Easy to use and store based on its small size of only 10 x 6.5 x 2 inches. It is further made to weigh somewhere near 10 pounds. Though this might be weightier than most of its companions, it is rather manageable and still does not inconvenience the
- Its live data feed function is also worth the mention especially with the additional ability to relay freeze frame data.
- It comes with a battery backup which is rather common with most INNOVA scan machines. It is for this reason that the INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool is easy to use even when the engine is off.
- Innova 3030 is also multilingual in its data transmission. This allows for ease of data reading which requires no tedious process of translation.
- It has a wide compatibility ratio covering older OBD1 and several newer versions of the OBD2 compliant vehicles. This is mostly contributed to the fact that the OBD2 scan machine is updatable and has an affinity to detect several generic as well as manufacturer specific codes.
- Optional repair solutions especially from the ASE technical team who are on your beck and call for any queries the technician or user may have.
Installation and use
To me, I have found the use of INNOVA scan machines to be as simple as rote learning. Just plugging the OBD2 diagnostic tool into your car’s DLC port is enough to start the process. It will bring you the option of down loading the all important settings to your PC. The last part is just connecting to your PC for the scan process to begin.
Learning from those who have some knowledge over something is priceless. Just the mere possession of the right background information usually saves lots of cash and time, especially if you are green about the item you need. I can confirm, the INNOVA 3030 Diagnostic Scan Tool will serve all you OBD2 scanning needs and much more.