Why should buy this Product?
While the extensive use of this OBD II tool is not in question, its benefits may span the varied spheres. Some of the benefits include;
- Durability – this is seen with the ability of the tool to update on the internet to accept newer car versions. This aspect allows for longer use of the OBD II scan tool.
- Reliability – the ability of the OB D II to give live data as well as graphic representation with support from some of the most innovative system makes it quick, reliable and accurate in terms of data code reading and determination. This is what may make the difference if yours is an urgent repair process.
Author review and recommendation
The process of making an informed purchase f an OBD II scan tool may prove to be quite challenging given the varied nature of the scan tools coming into the market. With the advent of technology and the economic considerations, the Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER plus OBD II scanner would fit perfectly within your needs. However, considering other tools in the market may not be bad if certain aspects you consider may be lacking.
Things We Liked
- Better compatibility – with the ability to scan several million codes, one is assured of good data code reading no matter the car model.
- User friendliness- this OBD II scan tool can be used by both novices and professionals alike with aspects to support each level. This fact, thus qualifies it as one of the best do it yourself (DIY) devices around.
- Innovative technological infusion- with a mix of technology, good brand presence and an innovative sense, the Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER plus OBD II scanner is made to be loved by all whatever the taste.
Things We Didn't Like
- Limited access to the code connect feature- while most people may fall for this tool because of the innovative code connect, it is sad that this feature is only accessible in English. This limits those who may wish to get the data in other languages.
Having something with the features befitting a great OBD II scanner in the market is no mean task. The Actron OBD scan tool manufacturers have not failed to always have something great to suit the needs of the ever growing OBD II scan tool, users.
Since the introduction and the implementation of the requirements to have on board diagnostic scan tools being installed on cars, most cars in the United States have religiously put the OBD II as one of its primary instruments.
In this regard, most of the OBD II scan tool manufacturers have taken the queue with the environmental protection agency regulations. The Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER plus OBD II/ with antilock brake system (ABS) and an Airbag Scan Tool has not been left out in this regard.
Coming from one of the companies known for their up to the minute research prowess and innovation, the fact that this tool works is not in doubt.
However, it may not be good if one never looked at the features of this great OBD II scan.
The Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER Plus OBD II with ABS/Airbag Scan Tool and a Color Screen has in addition to others the following features;
- Better compatibility – this has been seen with its ability to cover both domesticated vehicles made in the United States as well as imports and generic car models coming from other areas. The years of coverage is one which leaves a lot to desire given that it spans years before the introduction of the second generation OBD scan tools.
- Online updatability – the hallmark of any modern tool is seen with its online feature. With the USB port which can connect on the internet, you can be sure of always having new lease of life when it comes to this tool.
- Uses true link technology – this aspect of the tool is the one which makes it to be universally accepted. It is capable of connecting to any OBD II compliant vehicle in spite of the model.
- Live data reading as well as graphic presentation – this aspect allows the OBD II scan tool user to have the leeway of having to access the data codes in real time. In addition, the scan tool has the option of giving the users graphical presentation of the coded data which allows for better analysis of the fault and how to rectify it.
- Hard copy data – in addition to the ability to give the data in real time, the OBD II scan tool users can enjoy the comfort of accessing the data in its printed form for better analysis and rectification as well as future use of the coded data.
- Reasonable size and weight – the OBD scan tool is reasonably sized at only 10.9 by 7.7 by 2 inches, you are sure that this tool can fit perfectly in any car engine. Moreover, the scanner has an amazing weight of 0.3 ounces which can be a perfect assurance that the user cannot suffer from any weight effects.
- User friendliness – one aspect found with the Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER plus OBD II scanner is its well made LCD display feature that allows for ease of data reading. In addition, the users may not have to worry on the lingual barriers given its trilingual nature which allows the data to be accessed in the language of the user or mechanic.
- Antilock brake system (ABS) and air bag data coding features – these two aspects allows the OBD scan tool to have a better grasp of the data as well as giving it the ability to give quick solutions to any data fault reading in case of an emergency.
- Has code connect – with this feature alone, the user has the assurance of being able to access varied amounts of data thus increases the compatibility mode to cover generic as well as manufacturer specific data codes.
- Comprehensive support – borrowing a leaf from the most skilled technicians who are always on standby to deal with any issues on Actron OBD II scan tools, the Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER plus OBD II scanner is not left behind with properly verified data always generated from the ASE certified technicians online.
- Varied power sources – this OBD II scan can be referred to as a standalone device given its alternative charging as well as an external battery power. This makes it not to deplete the car battery power even when left on the car engine overnight.
How to buy and use the OBD II scanner
Depending on where the buyer looks for this OBD II scan tool, purchasing it can be as easy as ABC. The several brick and motor stores stocking this scan tool will always be willing to make a quick cash and carry sale. Don’t forget the online stores which provide the most lucrative discounts and customer services.
When it comes to use, the majority of the OBD II scan tools are plug and play devices, Actron CP9680 AUTOSCANNER plus OBD II scanner is not an exception. What one needs to do is identify the DLC port which may be below the driver’s seat, plug in, set the car PC and give an OK.
While most tools falling within the OBD II range may seem to have almost the same features and may pass as such. Looking closely at the details gives you a true picture of the tool and its scope. Making comparison of the tools before buying may not hurt you at all, so take your time!
Incoming search terms:
- actron cp9680
- actron cp9680 reviews
- actron 9680
- actron cp9680 review
- actron 9680 reviews
- actron 9680 reviews and ratings
- Actron Cp9680 Set Up
- Actron CP9695 AUTOSCANNER Pro Plus reviews
- cp9680 review