For over 40 years now, the several scan tools within the Actron brand has always set them at a pedestal in terms of market share coverage. The company produces some of the best OBD scan tools known in the market, especially if you are one with an eye for quality.
Table of Contents
One of their latest entrants into the market is the Actron CP9599 U-Scan OBD II and CAN Code Scanner which if not for the brand is known for its uniqueness. The credit still goes to the OBD scan maker for its exemplary workmanship especially when it comes to looking at the tool design.
Any OBD scan tools cannot qualify as the best if not for certain special features which the user can identify with. That is why this Actron CP9599 OBD II scan tool is seen as worth rating among some of the high performers in the OBD world.
What makes the tool standout?
Some of the features of this scan tool worth mentioning here will be as under;
- Has multi-functionality- with the gist of performing data erasing, reading and turning off the engine at the same time. These allows for the coded and cleared data to create more space for further reading. Any read code on the screen is a fresh code which requires the attention of the motorist or the mechanic.
- Has the advanced functionality of reading the anti lock brake system (ABS) and an additional code connect feature. These are important both for ensuring that the driver is kept safe through the relevant data reporting mechanism while at the same time all the relevant code information are promptly provided. The code connect is further enhanced to ensure that there are over 4.3 million code meanings availed to the driver and the motorist.
- Actron CP9599 U-Scan OBD II and CAN Code Scanner has a wireless connection module which allows it to be used with all the known mobile phone interfaces of android, iphone and the Smartphone. This is the most convenient feature given that one can turn his mobile phone into an OBD II scan tool without barriers.
- Because of its higher code definition module, it can code on all OBD1 and OBD 2 compliant motor vehicles in the market. This is well supported through the availability of the over 4.3 code meanings on its database. In addition, The OBD II reader is covering the controlled area network (CAN) protocol, which is considered to be the latest.
- It has a back date information system which can allow the mechanic to know the vehicle fault history and thus be able to fix the trouble based on the previous dates. This is a vehicle management module liked for its convenience.
- At an average weight of only 6.5 ounces, it is a scan tool light enough for ease of use. It does not make the user sweat profusely suffering from the effects of weight. In addition, the OBD II scan tool is only 6.5 by 3.9 by 1.9 inches which is small in size for ease of installation and storage. This also occupies less space even if left on the engine dashboard.
- Has a U- check application- this is known to provide some of the quickest engine scanning exercise. This feature allows for the reception of the codes in record time.
- An ergonomic design which gives it an aesthetic value, in addition, the build makes it look durable.
- The presence of the vehicle AutoID is connected to its wide compatibility covering over 2000 vehicles in the market. This gets to know the vehicle make and thus code them. In addition, the vehicle code reading is equally boosted by the presence of the true link function thus the secret of wide vehicle coverage.
- It has the OBD scanning and storage function which can make the mechanic scan several cars and be able to store the relevant data for future checks. The mechanic needs not to stick to one car because this can get several vehicle codes in record time.
What benefits does the scan tool bring to the table?
Using this tool is definitely clothed in lots of benefits. Some of the benefits likely enjoyed include;
- Efficiency– with the U- check feature and the enabling feature of quick data scans, the user has the ability to receive any given trouble code data in record time. The ability to store the data for future use is also a guarantee to any user that no data can be lost even if it passed the attention of the reader.
- Cost effectiveness– with the several cars covered by this tool, the 4.3 data code meanings and other unique enhancements, the Actron CP9599 U-Scan OBD II and CAN Code Scanner is still being sold for a song. Though its price is relatively higher than certain tools around, its users agree on one fact, it beats the competitors hands down in several aspects.
Things We Liked
The jury is out; this is a great machine which will serve you well. Some advantages worth mentioning here include;
1. It is timely- the manner of time saving measures in the process of scanning and the relay of data when it comes to the Actron CP9599 is amazing. With the U-check and the true link feature, you get any data from any vehicle quickly.
2. Wider user coverage- with its wireless connection feature and the ability to work on any form of phone device, this is the most accommodative OBD II scanner in the market. This is the main reason why it is seen to be compatible with several cars.
3. Large code coverage- with its data base having the capacity to get meanings for over 4 million data trouble codes through it code connect feature, it’s your guess as mine that the amount of codes this tool can cover is tremendous. This makes it a tool worth looking upon when in need of something reliable.
Things We Didn't Like
1. Risk of bugging- the wireless connection feature of its U-scan function is in most cases prone to the effects of several bugs. In some instances, it may not therefore efficiently give the intended code meanings this putting the whole trouble code correction in jeopardy.
2. May require other additional software- the efficient use of Actron CP9599 U-Scan OBD II is found to depend on purchase of other advanced software packages which in most cases is not readily available. It thus makes the user resort to other devices.
3. Its use is costly - the costs of purchase, the other additional enabling software which may even not be available are all seen to be quite user unfriendly.
The Actron CP9599 is a great machine which will be worth looking at in the near future. More still requires to be done by the manufacturer however in the areas of making its use as open as possible. If luck is on you, this great machine will work great without having to develop some serious effects which derail its performance. It is worthy catch if you are a mechanic.
However, do not keep this tool alone, have some side plan should there be a problem especially when the U check feature is bugged. There are even cheaper OBD II scan tools which are known to work more efficiently than this. If the company worked on some of the weaknesses, then this is bound to be the tool of the coming days.
How to install and use
The OBD scanner is known for its wireless efficiency and will work on your android, iphone or any kind of Smartphone. The most basic part is to down load the U-scan application which is found from many open source websites. When this is done, the U-scan is then activated through plugging the smart phone to the vehicle OBD port using a USB cable. The Smartphone is then connected to the vehicle and the process of scan begins.
No device is free from some minor faults and the Actron CP9599 U-Scan OBD II and CAN Code Scanner being a new device has some teething problems to take care of. Those who have used the device have a good word for is efficiency.
In most cases, some people give skewed opinions, so you only need to try it out. Go get yours and try if you are tired of the other OBD II tools at your disposal. Maybe you will be jumping up and down, praising the manufacturer.
Incoming search terms:
- actron u scan
- Actron U-Scan Vehicle OBD2 Diagnostics
- scanner 9599
- u-scan cp9599 ios compatible
- u-scan module
- u-scan obd2 tool any good
- u-scan specs