There are several brands off the best OBD2 scan spread across the market. Some of these scan machines however do not usually meet the criteria for being called the best OBD2 scan machine. However, there is one product which has qualified to be rated in this category, this is the new Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus.
Table of Contents
Looking at the scan, you will not fail to notice that it has some of the superior qualities known for the Actron group. It is among the numerous high quality products from this well known and highly respected technology giant.
Video review about Actron Autoscanner Plus CP9580A
The Actron group has in the recent past engaged itself in high profile research. One of such results is this OBD2 scan machine which has fundamentally changed the manner in which engine and the overall motor vehicle scan is conducted.
Why should buy this scanner?
- A customable live data feed feature which is capable of producing on-time and up to the minute data codes. This alone is important to be able to speed up the process of fixing. The playback feature is also an additional element which helps the technician get the previous data.
- It has a code connect which has the unique capacity to pinpoint the areas where the fault is. The level of precision is awesome. However, the Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus has an even additional capacity to give the user millions of data updates, making the repair process quite simpler.
- Wide range of manufacturer specific codes and an array of generic codes- this is the main reason why it is compatible with several models within the OBD2, controller area networks (CAN) motor vehicle category.
- The scan machine is further enabled to work with several uniquely added professionally functioning features like the graphic presentations, ABS code coverage and an OBD2 drive cycle mode. All these are meant to aid the process of data coding.
- At a reasonable size of 10.6 x 7.3 x 0.5 inches and a weight of 1 pound, carrying and storage of the scan machine cannot be an issue. The size also gives it an advantage when it comes to moving it and even fixing it on the engine.
- It uses several AAA dry cell batteries, this feature makes it independent of the engine power and as a result one is able to operate the scan machine even when the engine is switched off.
- It is hand held- regarded in most circles as among the best hand held gadgets, it has never disappointed in giving the user just what is needed in record time.
- The ability to scan across several codes makes it more compatible with several vehicle brands both within the OBD1 and OBD2 categories with the newer versions more preferred.
Benefits associated with its use
- Environmentally friendly scan process– with its approved status, the OBD2 scan is one among the many whose use does not harm the environment. The instant massaging mechanism helps in the reduction of what would have otherwise turned into a serious emission problem from your motor vehicle engine.
- Efficiency– the Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus is made to act with some high level of precision and efficiency. With the ability to capture and analyze the coded data, the scan tool is further enabled to be able to inform the user of what needs to be done urgently and what can wait. In this regard, a lot of time and energy is saved.
Things We Liked The user of this scan machine has been noted to have some of the following strong points; Things We Didn't Like Everything usually has some level of weakness in spite of its superiority. That is the case with the Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus. In fact, this point is well alluded to by the manufacturer on the pack that the scan is likely to have no known defects. I did not observe any during my contact with it. It is however noted by others to have the following weakness;
1. Fast timelines- the priority feature of selecting the area to be handled first is usually enough to help the technician work within the desired timelines without following every lead. This saves time and enables the corrective mechanism to be done in the most effective way.
2. Simplicity- in most instances, the Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus is fitted with some push button feature to get what is needed. This makes its use simple and fun. In most instances, most of its enabling feature helps the user experience a hassle free coding process.
3. Cost effectiveness- like most of its counterparts in this category, the OBD2 scan is fitted with even more than enough. The professional attachments help save the vehicle owner a lot of money, no more need to spend on play back and other known features.
4. Wide user scope- with over 4.3 million codes to its name, the Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus is known to perform a large amount of work across the several compliant motor vehicle brands.
5. Reliability- the presence of a reliable battery power backup in the scan is enough to give the technician peace. It can be used even in remote places where there is no power. Moreover, you don’t rely on the car engine when it is switched of or experiencing technical problems.
6. Ease of navigation and storage- the small size of the OBD2 scan machine will amaze you. You can slide it into your pocket with ease and does not have to block the driver dashboard.
1. Non compatibility with some operating system- most of the people in this category complain that with the use of certain OS, the personal computers could not detect the scanner when the data is to be transferred using the available USB port.
Things We Liked
The user of this scan machine has been noted to have some of the following strong points;
Things We Didn't Like
Everything usually has some level of weakness in spite of its superiority. That is the case with the Actron CP9580A Enhanced Auto Scanner Plus. In fact, this point is well alluded to by the manufacturer on the pack that the scan is likely to have no known defects. I did not observe any during my contact with it. It is however noted by others to have the following weakness;
Can it be recommended?
Among the several OBD2 scanner models in the market, this is the only one without some serious fault. Using it therefore makes you results fool proof especially if your vehicle is compatible. It is therefore worth using on your vehicle.
What Customers Are Saying about this product ?
Installation and use
Most of the Actron OBD scanners are plug and play. The USB port can be used to update the data on this prolific scan machine. It is rather user in the same manner in which the other Actron scan machines are used.
Having used this scan machine in the past, it is only nice if I said that the OBD2 scan machine works wonders. However, it could be nice if you just skimmed through the several available scan machines in the market. This prior shopping will save you lots of resources especially if your budget is tight.
Incoming search terms:
- actron cp9580a
- Actron CP9580A Enhanced AutoScanner Plus
- autoscanner plus
- vehicle scanner
- Actron 9580 vs 9580A
- Actron CP9580A vs Innova 3160B
- video how to use the cp9680 autoscanner plus