Finding the best cheap OBD2 scan tool available in the market today is not as easy as it might sound. For instance, some OBD scan tools are only meant for the old emission regulations despite widespread use. Finding the best cheap OBD2 scanner for your specific uses can become a real pain as a result.
Numerous OBD2 scan tools are out there in the marketplace, but selecting the best may not come easily for a novice. So, we have taken the time to highlight some of the most popular, loved, and cheap OBD scan tools on the market this year. Take a look!
1. Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles
After using the Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for a short time, the user is sure to notice the attractive features of this handy and cheap scan tool. It also has a simple two-button design that makes it extremely easy to pick up and use right out of the box, and it works well with all post-1996 cars, even pulling the VIN on vehicles supporting Mode 9 functionality.
- Cost effectiveness: Considering the numerous features and interfaces this tool has, it is almost unbelievable how affordable the Autel MaxiScan MS300 CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool for OBDII Vehicles is. Some specialty stores will feature further discounts, making it seem practically free. This is by far the most affordable and simple option.
- Wide usage: This cheap OBD2 scanner has a high degree of universality in its function and will service the vast majority of cars, making it amazingly beneficial to any user. With this tool, you can consolidate other scan tools you might have into one handy device, saving yourself money, time, and trouble in the process.
2. BAFX Products® – Bluetooth OBD2 Scan Tool – For check engine light & diagnostics – Android ONLY
Boasting an array of unique characteristics, this scan tool has a variety of benefits, including the ease of using Bluetooth to transform your current device into a scan tool (though it is unfortunately not compatible with iOS devices).
- Cost effective: Few of the OBD2 scan tools I have encountered in my long career have been this affordable — and this is in spite of its numerous functions and features. Unlike most of its competitors, the BAFX OBD2 scan tool gives you your money’s worth without sacrificing functionality.
- Reliability: I can tell you for sure that if you are in the United States, then you can rely on this OBD2 scan tool to work on your car regardless of the brand. In this regard, this scan tool can provide relief to those who have given up hope of finding a compatible OBD2 scan tool. Moreover, its wide coding will deliver exactly what you need: a clean scan for your car.
3. ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: OBD Adapter/Diagnostic Scanner for Windows
Similar to the previous model on this list, the ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: OBD Adapter/Diagnostic Scanner for Windows takes your existing device and turns it into a multi-purpose scanner for your car. Some people will prefer the previous model for the Bluetooth, but if you want the reliability of a hard-wired connection, this USB model will appeal to you for several reasons (though again, this model is also not iOS compatible):
- Fuel Economy- This cheap scan tool contains a specialized feature that instructs the driver on various fuel-saving mechanisms. The trickle-down effects of these techniques will save the user a lot of hard-earned cash over the long term. In addition, its wide compatibility allows this one cheap OBD2 scan tool to do the work of many others.
- Convenience- This OBD2 scan tool is enabled with several features that make it especially intuitive and user-friendly. For instance, the live data feed system gives real-time updates, while the screen display gives the technician tips on which part to handle.
4. Autel AutoLink AL319 OBD II & CAN Scan Tool
(4.4 / 5)
Any comprehensive Autel AL319 review would be remiss not to mention the clear screen display (not a touch screen, sadly) that enables it to communicate with vehicles without using a PC as an intermediary. I tested it on an ‘05 Ford Focus in my garage to turn off a malfunctioning indicator light, and it worked like a charm! It also supports functionality with larger CAN vehicles and buses. To sum up, Autel AutoLink is great for beginners in light of its price. Though it supports slightly fewer vehicles than the more robust Autel DS708, it is nearly 10 times cheaper.
That said, there are still a few other features that strengthen its advantages over comparable models at its price point:
- Works on ALL 1996 and newer vehicles (OBD II and CAN) — domestic and import;
- Multilingual menu and DTC definitions — English, Spanish and French;
- Can be updated and upgraded over the internet.
5. Autel AL519 Color Screen OBDII/CAN Scan Tool
I found this great scan tool last year and have been singing its praises ever since. We had been having problems servicing our Japanese models for some months, causing considerable annoyance and agony amongst our technicians. Walking from one shop to the next looking for what seemed an elusive solution was starting to get the better of me.
Finally, I came across the Autel AL519 Color Screen OBDII/CAN Scan Tool when conducting my usual searches. After reading several reviews, I was convinced that we had found our remedy at last. And true to my hunch, this scan tool never disappointed! Made by the Autel Group, whose portfolio of scan tools and reputation for quality has been growing by the day, this machine surely qualifies to be among the top rated car diagnostic scan tools. Featuring the highest functionality and compatibility on this list, it is, as you might expect, also the most expensive of the options in this wrap-up. However, if you have an atypical model or service a wide variety of cars, then this could be the comprehensive tool you’ve been searching for.
A tool’s features are what will ultimately separate the wheat from the chaff. The above list contains some of the best cheap OBD2 scanner tools that won’t break your budget. Depending on what you need, your OBD scan tool can be a magic key or just a hunk of plastic, regardless of the price.
Shopping for what suits your needs is the ultimate secret.
Incoming search terms:
- best cheap obd2 scanner
- cheap obd2 scanner
- autel al319 review
- best cheap obd2 scan tool
- best affordable auto scanner
- autel al319
- which one is tha cheep and best obd all car scanner customer review
- best auto code scanner for the price
- best cheap car scanners
- Best cheap OBD scanner